- Use Match’s Incognito mode to browse members’ profiles without them knowing
- Hundreds of local events to attend through Match’s “Stir”
- Plenty of exciting ways to meet people online and offline
- Send and receive unlimited messages
- Strict vetting process for signing up ensures other members are legitimate
- Focused and interested in making sure you meet someone special
- Real time chatting
- New features to break the ice easily
- Thousands of singles looking for true love
- More chances to find your perfect match
- Free registration
- Free registration
- Many active users
- Plenty of like-minded people
- Website is easy to navigate
- Many success stories
Looking for other dating sites?
Have you ever wondered if it is possible for you to date and find a partner who would be willing to have a relationship with you and love you without sexuality? If so, then worry not! It is entirely possible to find someone for an asexual relationship thanks to asexual dating sites!
Believe it or not, the asexual dating market is a growing niche market in the world of alternative dating. There are more and more sites and apps that are focused on providing a service to people who identify as asexual, and would rather have a non-sexual yet loving relationship with a partner.
Whether you are familiar with asexual dating services, new to the market, or simply curious, we have some information for you about asexual dating that can inform you about what it is like to date in an asexual relationship, the perks of using a service, tips for dating, and what to look for in a site.
Read on to learn more about asexual dating services online and what you can get out of them.
Table of Contents
Dating an asexual and dating as an asexual
There is a mistaken belief that asexuals are not interested in any kind of relationship with another person, be it either sexual in nature or any sort of romantic endeavor. Some people believe that asexuals would rather isolate themselves off from others, and are simply distant.
However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. The reality is that asexual people are just as interested in being in a relationship as the next person. Companionship is important to many people, and asexuals are no different. Even sex is not out of the question entirely, contrary to popular ideas.
Asexual people are people who lack sexual attraction, meaning they are not sexually attracted to any one person. However, this doesn’t mean that they are incapable of sex. It does mean that they may not be as interested in sex as other people.
Dating an asexual is a focus on romantic partnership, being there in all other aspects of a relationship: to support and take care of someone. There are other forms of attraction beyond sexual that bring people together, and asexual people focus on these romantic interests.
When you date as an asexual, you can sometimes run into problems about sex with your date or partner. If they are unfamiliar with asexuality and are not capable of agreeing to a comfortable situation for you, it can be hard to make that relationship work.
Fortunately, asexual dating sites cater to both asexuals and people who are interested and open to dating someone who identifies as asexual.
What are some of the perks of using an online dating service focused on asexual dating apps?
If you are asexual and have been looking for a way to meet people who don’t need a detailed explanation about asexuals, then you may be interested in giving online dating for asexuals a try. There are some big perks associated with asexual dating services to boot:
- Match on interests other than sex – one of the key points about a dating service for asexual people is that it allows you to focus on the interests that are important to you in a relationship. Match on a number of traits, hobbies, and passions with other people who are also looking for an asexual relationship.
- Join a community of other asexuals and people who understand asexuality – of course, this is one of the biggest features about an asexual dating service, and often is understated in how valuable it is. You can rest easy knowing that everyone who is using asexual dating services isn’t just looking for easy sex, but rather a romantic, serious partnership.
- Make use of features for meeting local asexuals – thanks to advanced matching algorithms, you can get a clear perspective on the number of asexual people in your area who fit your interests and can be a potential match for you. If you are willing to expand your search, you can also meet people outside of your local area.
- Active forums and events – as a service that is dedicated to giving asexual people a platform to mingle and meet, there are also interactive forums, chat rooms, and video messaging services that give you a multitude of ways to get in touch with others. On top of this, they can be used to organize events for meeting up asexual people in your area for fun and games.
- More than just dating – yes, that’s right, these asexual dating services are not exclusively used for dating. You can also make use of their forums and other features to make friends and join a community for something greater. Discuss issues relevant to asexuals and enjoy lighter topics of conversation, there’s plenty of room for whatever strikes your fancy!
Tips for dating an asexual woman and dating an asexual man
If you are new to dating asexual men and women, then there are some important things to keep in mind. The first and most important of which is that sex is not the primary interest in dating an asexual, and it shouldn’t be expected or demanded from someone who isn’t interested.
When you start dating someone who is asexual, you are committing yourself to a relationship that is built on bonds other than a sexual attraction. There can of course be other forms of intimacy, such as kissing or touching, but these need to be agreed upon between the two of you ahead of time.
This also does not mean that sex is entirely out of the question and may still be a part of your relationship. It just won’t be a frequent or necessary part of defining your relationship. As long as you are okay with that, then dating an asexual person is no different from dating anyone else.
What to look for in an asexual dating site
Because asexual dating sites and apps are focused on building connections outside of sex, it is important to make sure that the features they offer emphasize these traits. If you don’t see any way to match with someone based on their hobbies or interests, consider trying a different service.
You should also keep an eye out on what other members of the site are saying in their profiles or when they message you. If you notice a tendency for conversation to drift to something sexual, then you probably aren’t using a quality asexual dating service.
That is to say, make sure the members are genuinely interested in an asexual relationship before you commit to the site.
Finally, make sure that they offer a robust and active forum or online platform for interacting with other members outside of dating. Services with a strong social network online are valuable to asexual people for the opportunities they give to get to know the community, so be on the look out for this!
We at Datingroo have also taken the time to test, rank, and write reviews for a number of asexual dating services online in our effort to find quality dating services. Read through them and give them a try to see what fits your need, and enjoy the experience!