What do I need to know?
- Little people dating recommendations
- What is little people dating?
- Where can you meet little people for dating?
- Which exclusive little people dating services are there?
- What can you expect when you begin little people dating?
- The Do’s and Don’ts to follow while enjoying little people dating
- What are the benefits of using professional little people dating services?
- What to look for when searching for sites for little people dating?
- What difficulties could you face when dating someone with achondroplasia or dysplasia?
- Support for people of short stature
- Little people dating FAQ
Little people dating recommendations
These are our leading little people dating recommendations. Check them out and signup for free today:
- #1 trusted dating app in the US
- Matching made easy
- Plenty of success stories
- Designed to find your significant other
- Great filter options
- Check it out today!
- A Safe and Secure Dating Site
- SilverSingles members know who they're talking to
- Location is important of course, but knowing you're a good fit with your matches makes finding 'the one' much, much easier.
- >85% with a university degree
- Thousands of new members per month
- Great matching algorithm
- Flirt, chat & meet
- Open-minded community
- Big dating pool
- The community is filled with amazing people looking for a long-lasting partnership
- The app is available for Android and iOS
- Great Customer Care Team
- Find singles in your area
- View a selection of users who share your values
- Meet our members in person during our group activities
- Verifiedd profiles
Looking for different dating sites?
Finding services that cater to little people dating can be challenging, especially if you are new to the community and don’t know where to begin. Whether you are a little person yourself or would like to date someone who is, we’re here to help you get started.
Fortunately for you, there is an active online dating market for meeting other little people.There are also options for meeting little people in person, and support services if you are curious or have further questions.
Read on to learn about some important distinctions in little people dating, what you can expect when you begin exploring little people dating online and in person, some “do’s and don’ts”, and what to look for in a dating app for little people.
What is little people dating?
Before we begin, you need to know that the term ‘midget’ is a pejorative term to refer to people who have conditions that impact their height.
This term is considered to be a derogatory slur and offensive to people with dwarfism. That being said, you may see many dating services use the word “midget” in their name or as a description of themselves.
A more appropriate expression is ‘little people dating’. This is an important distinction to make and should be kept in mind, especially if you are new to dating little people.
Little people dating is a service that caters to people with dwarfism who want to date either other little people or people who have average height. These sites and services provide a platform for both communities to mingle, meet, and more.
These services often focus on serious dating, which means finding a romantic partner who wants to build a life-long relationship with you. There are also sites for more casual encounters where you can hook up with other little people.
All online dating sites, regardless of whether they are for free or if they require a paid subscription, allow you to browse profiles. They also include LGBTQ+ options for non-binary little people.
Where can you meet little people for dating?
If you are new to dating as a little person or looking to date other people who are short, you might find that there are limited options in your area. After all, little people make up less than a single percent of the world population, with an estimate of 651,700 in the world.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t or won’t find little people to fall in love with, or that if you are a little person you can’t meet your soulmate. Here are potential places to meet little people offline and online.
If you prefer to meet someone in person, then there are some standard tips you should follow starting out. However, if you are explicitly looking for just shorter people to date, then you may have to be flexible enough to include online options. Here are some tips to follow:
- As a rule of thumb, you should try to be aware of any local dating conventions or meetups that might be going on around you. These can be speed dating events, singles parties, and even events hosted by dating companies like Bumble. They’re great for meeting others, including little people.
- For meeting someone with dwarfism, you may have to check out broader events and conventions. Look for online services, communities, and websites to get in touch with the widest audience possible. Depending on where you live, you may have to travel to attend.
- Do some bar and club crawling and mingle with people who catch your eye. As the overall percentage of little people is relatively few, this can be a long shot.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to just go out there and meet people with dwarfism for dating. It can happen and does, but the odds are not in your favor unless you are actively involved with a little person community.
It should go without saying that if you yourself have dwarfism, finding singles who are average-sized isn’t as difficult. You most likely also know of or have access to communities of little people, if you prefer to date other shorter people.
Online dating and its benefits
Generally speaking, your best bet at having a successful dating experience with little people is going to involve using online services. Even if online services are just a starting point, they help to facilitate little people dating opportunities. Here are some ideas for meeting singles online:
- Online dating websites and dating apps are the ideal way for you to meet singles who are interested in dating shorter people and to meet little people interested in dating you. There are many services and communities online that make meeting little people easier. They also offer exclusive access to these communities with people from around the world joining.
- You can also interact with others over online forums and message boards, discussing topics ranging from dating, personal situations related to your own condition, and more.
- There are online groups and communities that work to educate and inform people about dwarfism and common issues they face. You can become involved with events and local meetups to help inform yourself about active communities.
But why is online dating a better option than trying offline? For starters, you don’t need to go out and hope for a long-shot chance of meeting someone who is a little person, especially if you don’t know where you can meet them up.
It also gives you immediate access to communities that you just wouldn’t have otherwise. If you want to go beyond dating then there are resources, activities, and a lot of information to take in about little people and the issues they most commonly face.
Of course, if you are using an online service you will have to provide some of your personal data, such as interests, hobbies, and tastes in what an ideal partner for you would be like. This is standard for online dating, but not everyone is comfortable doing this. Still, it is your best chance to meet other little people.
Which exclusive little people dating services are there?
There are a few options for dating sites and apps available for you to find potential matches, whether you yourself are a little person or you are interested in dating someone who is.
Many of these apps are also free dating sites, sometimes with basic membership features that can help you to find “the one”. While many mainstream sites are suitable, there are also lesser-known exclusive little people dating services that we could recommend:
- Date a Little – This is one of the longest running little people dating services. On top of being accessible from home or your mobile phone, you will be highlighted as a featured member on sign up. Date a Little also offers news about site features, speed dating events local to you, and the latest news related to little people in entertainment, politics, and more.
- Date a Dwarf – Date A Dwarf promises that you can find a partner here using their basic and advanced search features. You can enjoy flirting, live video, chatting, and more to help facilitate meeting other singles. There is also a large community of LGBTQ members. As a bonus, they include safety tips and dating advice on their Internet Dating Safety Tips page.
- Little People Match – Little People Match claims to be one of the “best little people dating sites” online, giving users free sign up, searching, matching, and even flirting opportunities. As their motto goes, “Great things come in small packages, and you are no exception. You may be small in stature, but you have a huge amount of love to give.”
What can you expect when you begin little people dating?
Dating someone with dwarfism or some form of extreme shortness caused by achondroplasia can introduce you to a world of new experiences. These experiences can include confronting issues that might be on your mind about dating a little person.
Here are some of the more common concerns that people with dwarfism have about dating, as well as concerns that people with average heights have about it as well. On top of that, we will include some of the perks and benefits to little people dating:
- Self-confidence and intimacy – many people with dwarfism experience a form of self-doubt about their own attractiveness that leads to a fear of intimacy and the mistaken belief that they are undesirable. This couldn’t be further from the truth, as many men and women are attracted to people despite their height, and sometimes because of it.
- Self-conscious about dating – similar to feelings of lacking self-confidence, many people who date within little people communities can feel as if they are subject to judgement from other little people or people who are average height when the partner is average height. However, many people are open minded and welcome these kinds of pairings.
- Concerns about pregnancy – this can be a major concern for people who maybe both have the condition achondroplasia, wherein there is the risk of babies having something known as double achondroplasia. This means that they get the trait from both parents and it sadly is fatal. Many couples who do have this condition turn to adoption.
However, there are some benefits to little people dating for those who are interested in enjoying it:
- Commitment and bonding – when you finally do meet someone who sees you for who you are and can open up to you about their own concerns and history, you will have found a partner that connects with you in ways no one else can.
- Honesty – little people who put themselves out there for dating are more receptive to who you are as a person because of your own willingness to be open with them. This leads to a strong foundation of honesty and can make a relationship healthy for a lifelong romance.
The Do’s and Don’ts to follow while enjoying little people dating
For many average-sized people who are new to little people dating, they might be feeling a little lost on what is acceptable behavior and what isn’t. That’s why we’ve provided general “do’s” and “don’ts” to help you start out.
- First, if you are using a dating website, you should make an effort to be as clear and honest about your intentions and interests in your profile. Put in the time and effort to let people know as much about you as you can. It will do a lot to help you match better as you start.
- Be conscious of the needs of your date and what they might need assistance with or may not be able to do alone. If you yourself are of a short stature, be vocal and clear about what your own needs are. There’s no reason to refrain from being honest about what issues you may have.
- Treat your date as you would anyone else. A little person is a person like anyone else, and there’s no reason to treat them as if they weren’t. Be friendly and make an effort to see them as the great person that they are rather than something else.
- Take your date somewhere that you would any other date. Don’t go out of your way and assume that they are different from a normal person. Go out for dinner, drinks, or even dancing, whatever you both are comfortable with.
- If you are of an average height, don’t put your date into a situation where their height difference is called to attention or belittled. Don’t treat your date as an object that is either mistreated or fetishized.
- Learn what is and isn’t acceptable behavior while on your date and when you are with a little person. Specifically, avoid language that can be offensive, like “midget”, or making comparisons about your height. Be polite and respectful. People would rather be
referred to by their name rather than by a label.
- Don’t assume that every little person you are going to meet up with is your own Peter Dinklage, or whatever fantasy you have about shorter people. They are each their own individual and really don’t appreciate comparisons. Ground your expectations in reality.
What are the benefits of using professional little people dating services?
If you are interested in dating other little people or are average height yourself and would like to date someone with dwarfism, then you may have noticed that it can be hard to find a place to meet. This is where dating services come in and can offer advice and suggestions.
A professional dating site for little people can ensure that your matches not only fit your criteria for dating, whether it is meeting someone with dwarfism or someone with average height, but they can do so safely and amidst an online community that is vibrant and open.
Not only does this mean a focus on local dating opportunities, but a means for you and your match to arrange a meeting place that works best for you ahead of time. It’s also a place to join discussions about ideal first dates with people who have experience.
They also feature professional chat rooms and safe spaces to ensure that you can comfortably date a little person without fear of discrimination or harassment. This also means including forums and chat groups about non-dating related topics and questions.
What to look for when searching for sites for little people dating?
Little people dating is much like dating anywhere else online. However, there are some notable exceptions that factor into key features you will find that stand out which you should look out for as you start to use dating sites.
These features should be common on any dating service you use, so if you don’t see it, reconsider whether you use it! Unless, of course, you are using something like Tinder and are more interested in a casual hookup.
First and foremost, look to see whether the little people dating service has an advanced feature for filtering your matches based on height and, if possible, one’s condition that is tied to their dwarfism. This is important for a few reasons, including whether or not you can start a family.
If you are a little person yourself you want control over whether you match with people your size or whether you date an average-sized person. Secondly, if you have achondroplasia, it can be risky to have children with someone who also has this condition.
Another thing you want to keep an eye out for is whether these dating services offer any guidance or a help desk on what you can do as a little person to build confidence in yourself for dating, and what you can do on a date.
See if they offer an online forum or chat service that facilitates community building between others who are either little themselves or have an interest in being with someone who has dwarfism. These are excellent for building confidence, learning about dwarfism, and more.
Finally, a place where people can get together and make plans for meetups is important for a healthy service and can facilitate better opportunities when little people meet in person to form relationships. It’s not necessary, but it is a nice bonus if the service offers this.
What difficulties could you face when dating someone with achondroplasia or dysplasia?
If you are unfamiliar, achondroplasia is a medical condition that is characterized as a disorder of bone growth that prevents the changing of cartilage to bone, which leads to a short stature. It is one of the most common causes of dwarfism along with skeletal dysplasia.
If you are an average-sized person, you may be unfamiliar with some of the problems people who have these conditions face. For one, there are concerns about having children, which for many daters can be a long-term goal. You should know that approximately 1/4 births won’t survive if a partner has this condition.
It’s also true that most types of dwarfism involve medical complications, some more severe than others. You may need to adjust your expectations based on these complications and what may be possible for the two of you as you go forward based on their needs.
Support for people of short stature
There are many online resources available to people of short stature, and all are considered safe spaces for members to go and express themselves to share their experiences with other people. They are also excellent learning centers for anyone who is curious about dwarfism.
One of the most famous is Little People of America, or LPA, which features one of the largest little people community spaces online.
People can join to chat with educators and little people in this non-profit organization. This is great if you want to learn more about dwarfism, what it’s like to live with the condition and to get access to resources that can help if you are also a little person.
Little people dating FAQ
Do you have more questions about dating little men and women? To help begin answering your questions, we’ve responded to some of the most frequently asked questions about little people dating.
Do little people exclusively date other little people?
No, but many approach advances from taller people with a certain amount of skepticism. This is because people tend to react in one of three ways: they either lose interest and will ghost the person, they may fetishize little people, or they will be fine with it.
As you can see, two out of three reactions tend toward the negative, which explains why some little people may be cautious when first matching with non-little people. However, that doesn’t mean they aren’t interested or that it won’t work.
In fact, relationships that little people have tend to be 50/50 when it comes to either dating someone who is or isn’t a little person.
What is the preferred terminology for referring to little people?
Although many websites will use phrases like “midget girls” or “midget singles”, and may label themselves as a “free midget dating service” or “midget dating website”, the reality is that the M-word here is considered to be derogatory.
Medically speaking, the word “midget” is used to describe someone who is of short stature with proportional shortness, usually caused by a hormone imbalance. This is less of an issue today thanks to hormone therapy, but even in the correct context should be avoided.
Dwarf, on the other hand, is used to describe someone who is of a short stature but also has disproportional shortness. This is typically caused by a genetic disorder. Many prefer the term “dwarf”, as it more accurately reflects them.
One of the more commonly accepted terms is “little people/person” instead of “Dwarfs”. It’s worth noting that most people who prefer “Dwarf” don’t mind little people, but those who prefer little people can get offended if you say “Dwarf.”
The best thing to do is to ask your date about their preferred terminology and to respectfully follow what they say.
Can someone with dwarfism have children?
Yes, it is possible. There are obviously many little people that are in serious relationships and have kids. Couples, where both are little people, can also have kids, with the understanding that there is a 1 in 4 chance of the child not surviving the first week.
There is also the possibility that the child may have dwarfism as well. For some, that idea is too risky, especially with such a high chance of the baby not surviving. For others, though, it is well worth the risk.