Dating in your 30s: Best Apps and Sites, Updated 2022
When you start dating in your 30s, it’s not usually just about having some fun. For many, dating for thirty-somethings is centered around reaching relationship goals and finding someone to share meaningful experiences with. An open mind (and heart!) are a great starting point for successful dating. Let’s take a look at what else can help.
Table of contents [ Show Hide ]
Dating in your 30s recommendations
The best way to find a partner in your 30s depends on your relationship goals. There are apps and sites tailored to online dating in your 30s. Find out what they are below.
Online dating app recommendations
Before you settle on one dating app, be sure to have a look at our dating app recommendations.
These are some of the leading dating apps in the match-making market. Sign-up today for free:
The most popular dating apps for 30+ singles
Find the most popular dating apps for singles in their 30s. See what they have in common and where they differ in terms of approach and features.
If you are looking for a reliable and safe app for dating, then you should sign up for the eharmony app. This app has in-depth search features to help you find close matches right after you’ve signed up.
Compatibility Analysis is one of the strongest features on eharmony. This is because it gives you a lot of detail when it comes to what you have in common with any other member on the site. No wonder eHarmony gets glowing reviews from mobile app users. This dating service is also a great place to find a potential husband or wife.
This dating app lets you match with other users how you want to. You can browse profiles by searching with different criteria or use the carousel feature for a more Tinder-like experience.
Zoosk also takes dating safety seriously too with its photo-verification technology which checks that profile pictures are authentic. This helps ensure that users are who they say they are. Zoosk features and design are both user-friendly and accessible. Zoosk has millions of users. This means you have a greater chance of finding someone for you.
While dating apps generally cater to wide audiences, it’s harder to find an option that is compatible with one’s Christian faith. Christian Mingle addresses the need for faith-based dating for Christian singles. Users can easily search and filter profiles based on the criteria that truly matter to them, such as Christian church or denomination.
Christian Mingle has a focused set of features and no gimmicks. This way you can meaningfully connect with someone who shares your religious values and faith-based principles. Just because you are a Christian dating in your 30s does not mean you should limit your options when it comes to finding someone to share your life with.
By helping its users “date smarter, not harder” through a powerful personality matching feature, EliteSingles deserves to be called one of the best apps for over 30s dating available today. Each match you see on the EliteSingles app has a compatibility score in addition to a well-designed layout.
Adult Friend Finder
Dating in your 30s is all about understanding and meeting your intimacy needs. Adult Friend Finder helps its users with intimacy and sex. While it is possible to make meaningful connections on Adult Friend Finder, the goal is to match you up with compatible casual sexual partners.
Adult Friend Finder also has community features such as blogs and forums to find out more about different sexual preferences and practices. This means that it goes beyond the features offered by other dating apps, helping you to fully explore your sexual needs.
What is dating in your 30s like?
Dating in your 30s should be rewarding and enriching. The good news is that there are a lot of ways to meet people through dating apps and fun activities in your city. This also means that dating in your 30s can be overwhelming, which is why this page gives you tips, recommendations, and advice to help you make meaningful connections today.
Dating in your 30s for guys
Here are some tips on how men in their 30s can improve their dating experience:
- Be kind to yourself and others: meeting other people can mean opening up emotionally. This is why empathy is an important part of dating.
- Don’t settle: just because someone shows an interest in you doesn’t mean they are the right person to date. Taking a little more time to get to know them can help you decide if that person is worth your while.
- Know what you are looking for: dating for the sake of dating can burn you out. Taking a little time to think about what you like and what you are looking for in a person can help you pick better dates in the future.
- Don’t spend too much money: spending a lot of money does not guarantee a good dating experience. There are plenty of thoughtful and fun date ideas that don’t involve spending a lot of money.
- Be flexible and open to new experiences: dating in your 30s is about finding someone to share meaningful experiences with. The best way to do that is to be willing to try out new things.
Dating in your 30s for women
Here are some tips on how women in their 30s can have better dating experiences:
- Have fun: no matter what your dating goals are, it’s important to have fun on your dating journey to be able to better learn from your experiences.
- Prioritize yourself: when you meet new people and start dating, it’s easy to lose sight of your own needs. It’s worth taking the time to think about whether your dating experiences align with your romantic needs or not.
- Find perspective: dating experiences are bound to be diverse and sometimes confusing. Finding perspective and being able to look beyond a single date or hookup will help you move on to more positive experiences.
- Value communication: it’s easy (and sometimes comfortable) to assume about other people. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or speak up to avoid misunderstandings.
- Don’t rush: You don’t have to commit to someone unless you are sure you’re ready to do so. Don’t let the pressure to marry cloud your judgment.
- Be safe: Make sure you are comfortable with the venue for a date before agreeing to meet. It’s always better to meet in public locations on your first few dates. It’s also worth letting a trusted friend or family member know about your plans as well as having a “phone a friend” strategy. This is where a trusted person calls you to check in and potentially offers you an excuse to end a date early.
Casual vs. serious dating in your 30s
It’s normal to have different dating goals in terms of commitment and relationship length. Dating apps and sites will either cater to both or will be more tailored to one dating style over the other. Take a look at our recommendations for casual and serious dating.
Where to meet singles in your 30s
While every city and town is different, there are also common trends in terms of cool places to meet other singles. No matter where you go to meet singles, the dating apps and sites on this page make it much easier to arrange dates since they eliminate the guesswork around someone’s relationship status.
Picking a place to meet depends on your preferences and interests. Likewise, if someone you’re interested in suggests somewhere to meet, it’s good to pay attention because their choice tells you something about their interests.
Dating for over 30s
If you are over 30, you don’t have to date someone who is the same age as you. Take a look at these suggestions to find an older partner.
Dating in your 30s advice: FAQs
These are answers to common questions about dating in your 30s:
Why is dating in your 30s hard?
Dating in your 30s is hard because you are looking for meaningful connections and potentially more committed relationships. It’s when you are applying life lessons you learned dating in your 20s and are avoiding those mistakes. For this reason, it’s normal if you are going on fewer dates in your 30s than you were in your 20s.
When you are dating in your 30s, it’s important to communicate not just your relationship goals but also your personal goals with any potential partners. Also since divorce in your 30s is common, that can add a layer of difficulty—navigating the dating scene while moving on from divorce.
How to start dating in your late 30s?
To start dating in your late 30s, you need to set yourself some realistic dating goals so you can track your progress. One of your first goals could be to try out three different dating services listed on this page. Once you match with people it’s important to be clear about what you are looking for so as not to waste anyone’s time and to have the best chance of success.
Is dating in your 30s pointless?
Dating in your 30s isn’t pointless because romantic experiences can always be enriching and fulfilling. You also have the chance to find someone who shares your long-term personal goals and achieve those together. You can learn a lot about yourself and other people by dating in your 30s. To dismiss that opportunity out of hand would be a mistake.
How should you dress for dating in your 30s?
The key to dressing well for dating in your 30s is to balance your own comfort and style with external expectations. When thinking about what to wear on a date, ask yourself the following questions:
– What kind of venue are you meeting in? If the place has social media, it’s a chance to see what other people wear when going there.
– What activities are you going to do together? Make sure that your clothing and footwear are suitable for anything beyond a sit-down date.
Should I date someone with a kid in my 30s?
Yes, you can, if you like the person. As you start dating people in their 30s, the likelihood of a partner having a child from a previous relationship is high. At the same time, going on a few dates with someone who has a child doesn’t automatically make you a new stepdad or stepmom.
If someone has a kid, let them take the lead when it comes to that aspect of their life. Use this time to think about your own feelings and expectations surrounding children. This will help you decide whether you see having a child in your life as a possibility in the future.
Dating in your 30s advice: our final thoughts
Dating in your 30s might feel daunting, especially if you feel pressured by people around you to find a relationship. Keep in mind that it’s okay to take your time when looking for a significant other. The most important parts are to feel safe and have lots of fun while dating.