OurTime Review: Updated 2022
OurTime is an online dating site that caters exclusively to people over 50 years old and appeals specifically to mature women and men who have just ended a long relationship and are looking to get back into the dating scene.
The OurTime dating site merges life online with life offline by organizing relaxed dating experiences and activities across the United States. Read this OurTime review to find out more about the OurTime dating site, its features, and how to register.
Best dating sites for singles over 50
Check our ranking for the best dating sites for over 50.
Over 50s dating recommendations
These are our recommendations for the best dating sites and apps that cater to people over 50.
- All members' profiles are manually verified by our moderation team
- Meet your perfect match in one message.
- This service will help you to see your interlocutor in real life as if no distance was separating you both
- Many of our members boast about versatile characters and interests! Would you like to learn more about their deep individuality?
- Undoubtedly, your heart won't remain untouched since in real life, our members are even more stunning!
- Find partners near you to flirt with
- Enjoy advanced filtering and search algorithms to get perfect matches!
- Search for singles while on the go with a modern, location-based dating app!
- Send kisses, gifts, and chat to meet your casual fling!
- Date casually with no hidden costs and a user-friendly service!
- Over 2.5 m active chatting users of all age
- Receive curated matches in just 15 min
- Advanced profile search for your own likings
- Send and receive pictures in private chats
- A high-security chat with two-factor authentication
- A dating site that allows you to meet beautiful asian, european and latino singles
- Real-time communication with efficient tools
- Professional dating services
- Immediate and quick response from the online singles
- Real profiles
🆓 OurTime review: free vs. paid features
Here’s a breakdown of what free and paid services are available on the OurTime dating site.
The OurTime dating site allows for free sign-up. After you’ve registered with a free account, you can also
- create your profile
- send winks
- add members you like to your “favorites” list
- search member profiles
There are different types of paid features on the OurTime dating site. You can join a premium subscription, and—on top of that—you can upgrade to the Select or Connect services or add other add-ons.
OurTime premium is a membership to the site that adds several benefits. It can allow you to
- send messages to other members
- view the “the person I’m looking to meet” box on member profiles
- save your favorite profiles
- see a list of winks you’ve sent
- browse the website ad-free
- enjoy discounts on OurTime real-life activities
When you buy the premium service, your package may automatically renew. Canceling your subscription renewal is simple via the “my account and subscription” section, and it can be canceled 24 hours after your purchase and a minimum of 48 hours before your subscription ends.
You can pay to upgrade your premium subscription by choosing either the Select or Connect upgrades.
- Select: this allows you to see read receipts and choose who can contact you according to personal, selected criteria.
- Connect: this allows you to exchange messages with members who don’t have a premium subscription and promptly introduces you to new users.
You can buy add-ons to enhance your experience on OurTime.
- Boost: this makes your profile more visible to increase your chances of meeting your match. This add-on requires a published photo to add you to the “popular singles” list at the top of the search results.
- Incognito: this allows you to browse the site for 24 hours without notifying members that you’ve searched their profiles. You can still send members a wink or message if interested.
💰 OurTime review: prices
If you want to upgrade to a premium subscription, you can choose to sign up for one, three, or six months.
*Pricing provided for illustrative purposes based on available information at the time of writing.
Boosts are available to buy individually at $1.99, five boosts for $7.95, or ten boosts for $11.89. Incognito mode costs $1.99 for one day and $9.99 for a month.
How to reduce costs at OurTime?
This OurTime review found that the dating site may offer special discounts on its subscription packages, at times offering a 30% discount that reduces the six-month subscription to $83.94, the three-month subscription to $52.47, and the one-month subscription to $27.99.
Keep in mind that if you use a discount when subscribing, the subscription can still renew at the pre-discount rate. You can only use a discount when paying in one installment.
OurTime may also offer a three-day premium trial period when you first sign up.
📊 OurTime review: users and demographics
There are over 150,000 members using OurTime. There are around 2,000 daily logins to the site, which can provide many potential matches even though it is comparatively low when considering the number of people registered.
💡 OurTime review: how it works
Time needed: 4 minutes.
According to the OurTime dating site review, Signing up for OurTime is free and simple. To register:
- Sign in: search the OurTime site online and create an account by clicking the “I’m looking for a woman” or “I’m looking for a man” prompt.
- Select your Gender: click on the “I’m a woman” or “I’m a man” prompt.
- Basic Information: select “continue” to enter your date of birth and the city you live in.
- Register your credentials: select a username and password, and enter your email address.
Create a profile
Once you’ve signed up, you can create your profile. This includes adding a profile picture and filling out sections about your interests, personality, body type, and lifestyle. You can also include a personal ad on your profile, as well as fill out the “I am looking for” section to let people know if they might be of interest to you.
To add a photo:
- Click on the profile icon at the top right of the webpage
- Click on “edit my profile”
- Select “add a photo”
- Choose one of the options available for adding your photo (dragging, uploading, Facebook)
- You may receive a confirmation email that your photo may be seen within 24 hours
The site’s interface
The OurTime dating site is designed to be simple and easy to use for its senior members and even includes the helpful “OurTime coach” that can guide you through registration and answer questions.
The clear layout of the main menu makes features like search, discover, and views easy to access. Contacting members is straightforward once you’ve signed up for a premium subscription, with a page encouraging you to subscribe when you click ‘send message’ to avoid any confusion.
There are several options to browse users’ profiles on the OurTime dating site.
- Discover: this allows you to scroll through hundreds of member photos, which can be overwhelming
- Search: you can use the search tool to add specific criteria and narrow down your options, which may increase your chance of meeting like-minded singles
- Blender: this feature can take you out of your comfort zone by randomly promoting profiles that you might not find in your search. You can click “yes” or “no” on profiles that appear
You can show your interest in other members in various ways.
- Send a wink or a favorite after viewing their profile
- Send a personalized email
- Subscribe and send unlimited messages
There are several ways to block members on OurTime. You can
- click on the “block this profile” link at the bottom of their profile page
- select the blacklist icon circled in red in the instant messenger window
- activate the “contact filter” and choose who can contact you (if you have the Select membership)
- choose the “incognito” mode, so you search the dating site without being detected
👍 OurTime review: pros and cons 👎
- The sign-up process is fast and simple
- A 3-day free trial is available
- It’s one of those senior dating apps that work
- There’s a 14-day money-back guarantee
- Sending winks is free
- All photos undergo an approval process
- You have to have a paid subscription to send messages
- The Connect and Select upgrades don’t offer many additional benefits
📱OurTime review: the OurTime app
Offering the same experience as the website version, the OurTime app is free to download from the Apple App Store and Google Play store for iPhone and Android. The app allows you to browse on the go, but the desktop version is recommended if you wish to read through detailed personal ads.
🙋 OurTime review: FAQs
These are the answers to some common questions that came up in our OurTime review about the OurTime dating site.
How can I pay for my OurTime dating site subscription?
On the OurTime dating site review, we’ve found that you can make a secure payment on OurTime using PayPal as well as most major debit and credit cards—including American Express.
I’m bisexual, how do I create a profile?
If you’re looking to meet both men and women, you can contact the OurTime customer care team and they can help you set up your account.
How do I change my username on OurTime?
To change your username, you can contact the OurTime customer care team with a new username of your choice. Your profile can then be updated and you may receive a confirmation email.
What does “activities” mean on OurTime?
OurTime holds activities for singles each month in several cities across the United States. The organized socials, nights out, and dinners establish opportunities to meet other singles in person in a relaxed group setting.
Members are invited according to their gender, age, and where they live, and must be active on the site with at least one photo.
How do I unsubscribe from OurTime?
These are the steps you can take if you wish to unsubscribe from OurTime and delete your account:
– Go to “my account settings”
– Select “to suspend your profile, click here” at the bottom of the page
– Choose “to delete your account and all your information permanently, click here”
Your account and profile may be removed from the site within 24 hours. Keep in mind that if you have a premium subscription, you can cancel your automatic renewal before deleting your account.
ℹ️ OurTime review: our final thoughts
Our OurTime review found that the OurTime dating site can provide you with an opportunity to find love at an older age. The site’s easy-to-use design and variety of features—including real-life activities—make it a great dating platform for singles over 50 or 60.
Most of the important features, such as sending messages, require a paid subscription. However, registration and browsing member profiles are free, so you can get a feel of the dating site before committing to a premium membership. Why not try it out?