- Use Match’s Incognito mode to browse members’ profiles without them knowing
- Hundreds of local events to attend through Match’s “Stir”
- Plenty of exciting ways to meet people online and offline
- Over 80% of members hold either a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree
- Offer a host of expert tips on what to write and how to look for your profile
- Meet singles who are as serious about the search for love as you are
- A Safe and Secure Dating Site
- SilverSingles members know who they're talking to
- Location is important of course, but knowing you're a good fit with your matches makes finding 'the one' much, much easier.
- Send and receive unlimited messages
- Strict vetting process for signing up ensures other members are legitimate
- Focused and interested in making sure you meet someone special
- Free registration
- Many active users
- Plenty of like-minded people
- Website is easy to navigate
- Many success stories
- Online chatting with attractive people
- Excellent atmosphere to get closer easily
- Experienced singles looking for good relationships
- Plenty of chances to meet your one and only
- Free registration
Looking for different dating sites?
Dating over 50 can be daunting. Whether you’re newly single after a divorce, a bereavement, or you’ve just been searching for the right person for a while, it can be hard to find a new partner later in life.
If dating is something you’re quite new to, you don’t need to feel intimidated by the prospect. It can be fun. There are lots of over 50s men and women looking to forge meaningful romantic connections, and the majority are using online services to do so.
Dating websites are by no means a new concept, but they have made many advances. There are plenty of US based online websites that let you search an extensive database of mature, like-minded singles with the aim of finding love and companionship.
Using sites and apps in mid-life are a great way to help you find a partner of a similar age with common interests. With some of the sites for over 50s, there’s never been a better time to sign up and get started.
What is the best dating site for over 50?
If you’re over 50, there are plenty of online apps to join that are dedicated to your age group. If you’re thinking about trying it for the first time but are unsure of where to start, you can browse over 50 dating site reviews and decide which one suits your needs the best.
The over-50s is a demographic that’s grown over time and is often neglected by some online places, but there are now specific sites that cater solely for older men and women. The generation it’s aimed at means that over 50 dating sites are far less about hookups and casual flings and more for those looking for friendship, long-term love and even marriage.
Finding what’s best for you
You can get a feel for how they work and discover what the most important aspects of a site are to you. It’s also important that you trust the site you want to use, and that it offers you a safe and secure dating experience. Many are members of the Online Dating Association and provide safeguards against scams, fake profiles and unsolicited contact.
Tips & Guides for Dating After 50
Easy sign-up and premium features
You’ll find most of the online platforms for mature singles have a quick and easy sign-up process, and have clear, user-friendly layouts that are designed to appeal to the older generation.
Some of them are free, but you’ll often enjoy a more tailored service if you subscribe to a site’s premium service. Registration and browsing member profiles are usually free, and means you can trial using the dating site before upgrading to a premium membership.
It’s worth keeping in mind that paid features can include communicating with other members, so if you prefer free messaging and don’t want to pay for it, you’ll have to choose the best site for that.
Finding your perfect match
Giving you the opportunity to meet and interact with older singles in your area who want to date, online dating sites and apps are cleverly designed with innovative algorithms to match people based on location, interests, personality and beliefs. It means you can meet potential matches with other over-50s who share more than just your age group.
Most profiles are detailed and members really take their time in filling out their profile because they are serious in finding a long-term match. Certain sites bring online dating into the real world with events and meet-ups, which is ideal if you prefer more casual group settings when you plan on meeting people for the first time.
You can also find relationship advice and tips to guide you on your journey to finding your best love match.
What to expect when dating over 50?
One of the greatest shocks when you’re dating over 50 is how much the scene has changed. Some older singles haven’t dated for 20 to 30 years and didn’t expect to end up in a situation where they’d be looking to meet a new partner again. That doesn’t mean that getting back into the game when you’re older doesn’t have its own set of advantages.
- Getting used to modern dating: It can take some time to get your head around online dating. You’ll need to get used to the modern ways of dating, such as using technology and certain terms like ‘ghosting’, which is when someone ends a relationship with someone by cutting off communication without any explanation.
- Dealing with ‘baggage’: The average age for men and women to divorce is in their 40s, so it’s no surprise that there’s a growing number of people in their 50s who are looking to start again. With that in mind, you’ll find many have so-called ‘baggage’. Whether it’s in the form of children or the emotional impact of being widowed or divorced, you’ll need to accept both your own baggage and that of potential matches to find love again.
- Profiting from experience: As we age we become more independent and confident, especially when it comes to knowing what we really want in the later stages of life. When dating over 50, you’ll have the benefit of knowing all of the things you didn’t when you first started dating.
- The ability to understand people: Not only are you much better at judging other people, but you’ll also know yourself much better. Whether you experienced a difficult divorce or a loss that made you realise that life’s too short, you’ll have so much more experience than you did when you were looking for a partner when you were younger.
Plus, you may find that your new ideal partner is very different from the one you once wanted. With thousands of people to get to know on dating sites, and more joining every day, you’ll soon meet someone you’ll make a connection with.