What are the Best Dating Apps for Android? Updated 2023
There are many well-known dating apps for Android, including free Android dating apps. In this guide, we take a look at apps that offer you the most for what you pay to help you choose the best apps for you. Read on to take a look at the best dating apps for Android.
Table of contents [ Show Hide ]
- What are the best dating apps for Android?
- Best dating apps for Android if you’re cis-gendered
- Best LGBTQ-friendly dating apps for Android
- Best dating apps for Android for singles over 50
- Best dating apps for Android for meeting international singles
- What makes a good dating app for Android?
- Best dating apps for Android: FAQs
- Best dating apps for Android: our final thoughts
What are the best dating apps for Android?
Dating is different for everybody, and there are various apps to choose from based on your lifestyle and relationship expectations. Below you can find custom recommendations for the best dating apps for Android for different dating communities.
These are some of the leading dating apps in the match-making market. Sign-up today for free:
- Maximum user security guaranteed
- Connect with SilverSingles users ready to mingle
- Find singles within your proximity
- >Meet literate singles ready for relationship
- Numerous signup daily
- 100% match assured
- Connect with your partner with our service
- Better communication features
- Give it a trial
- Most popular dating app in US
- 100% match assured
- Numerous positive reviews
- Meet real asian, european, and latino singles
- Real-time communication with efficient tools
- Professional dating services
- Free sign-up!
- Easy-to-use interface, optimized for all devices.
- 100% match guarantee.
- Free and easy registration
- Largest verified database in the US
- Thousands sign up every day
- Male profiles needed
- Guaranteed matches
- 24 hrs customer service
- One on one Romance Consultations.
- 100% real users.
- Receive curated matches in just 15 minutes
- Send and receive pictures in private chats
- A high-security chat with two-factor authentication
- Connect with Jewish across different location on all mobile version
- With dating magazine Jlife, meet Jewish singles ready for relationship
- Find Jewish singles in your proximity
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian and European singles
- Efficient communication and instant messaging
- Top-level safety and professional support
- Connect with people across different geography
- Available on all mobile version
- 24/7 support service
Best dating apps for Android if you’re cis-gendered
Here are our recommendations for the best dating apps for Android for cis-gendered users (your gender identity is the same as the one assigned at birth).
eharmony is perfect for singles who are looking for a serious relationship. The site has an extensive personality survey and compatibility quiz for its users, which allows singles to browse through matches based on compatibility.
👍Thorough sign-up process to ensure quality profiles
👍Matches are curated and delivered daily
👍Highly rated by its users
👎You cannot search for specific individual users
👎Some fake profiles
👎Some users may find the app expensive
With Zoosk, you can interact with millions of users to find the best partner. It’s easy for you to sign up, and when your profile is ready, you can interact with singles through Carousel (swipe-based matching) and Smart Picks (curated matches).
👍Photo verification before profile is approved
👍Multiple filtering tools
👎Video features can sometimes be glitchy
👎Ads for free users
👎Once the free trial ends, you need to pay to send messages
If finding a partner who shares your beliefs is important to you, Christian Mingle might be the best app for you. Christian Mingle is a dating app that allows you to find a partner who shares your values. You can search through profiles by denomination for better religious compatibility.
No other dating app on this list prioritizes faith like Christian Mingle.
👍Robust verification system
👍Users get suggested matches daily
👍You can see all photos on members’ profiles
👎Features are very basic
👎Free users cannot send or receive messages from others
EliteSingles enables its users to “date stronger, not harder” because it prioritizes personality compatibility. Every time you match with someone, their profile is given a compatibility score based on how well you match according to their algorithm.
👍Browse profiles by swiping
👍Offers useful online safety tools
👍Intelligent matchmaking services
👎Interface has not been updated recently
👎Unlimited communication is only for members with a paid subscription
👎Personality test is quite lengthy
Best LGBTQ-friendly dating apps for Android
Here are our suggestions for the best dating apps for Android for LGBTQ+ singles.
While Grindr was originally known for its popularity among gay male users, it has now become a more inclusive app for the LGBTQ community. Signing up for Grindr is easy and the app is easy to use. After you create your profile, you can start chatting with other users and filter profiles by location.
👍Over 2 million active users
👍You can send audio, text, and images
👍Easy to sign up
👎Not often used for serious dating
👎Free chatting is limited to your city/region
👎App has been reported to crash during use
OkCupid is easy-to-use and has a lot to offer. It’s popular among LGBTQ singles because you can filter through profiles and specify your gender and sexual orientation. You choose your criteria, and their algorithm presents you with matches that might interest you.
👍Free to download
👍Thorough questionnaire for intelligent matchmaking
👍Messaging is free for all members
👎Only subscribing members can see who has liked their profile
👎Some fake profiles may exist
👎You can only message another user if they have liked you
Her is an app geared toward bisexual and queer women as well as non-binary women from the LGBTQ community. Her is more than a dating app: it is a social network with a newsfeed and shareable content. You can like, match, and message other members for free.
👍Inclusive and active user base
👍Messaging is unlimited for all users
👍Your profile can be linked with other social media
👎Recurring messages appear asking you to purchase a premium subscription
👎Free users have to use limited search filters
👎Free users have limited swipes
Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel, or CMB, is an app that many LGBTQ singles like to use because of its curated profile matching. CMB’s algorithm considers your preferences, location, and the people who liked your profile to present you with 6 potential matches per day, so you don’t have to spend hours swiping.
👍Each day you receive targeted daily matches
👍Profiles are unsearchable and therefore more private
👍No random messaging from unwanted users
👎Matches are limited per day
👎Matching criteria are not very specific
👎Hard to use outside of large cities because activity drops off
Best dating apps for Android for singles over 50
Below are some Android apps that are popular for singles over 50.
OurTime is an Android app specifically geared toward singles who are 50+. OurTime has a complete set of features:
- Create a profile
- Send winks and flirts to other singles
- Browse member profiles
- Add potential matches to your list
👍It’s easy to sign up
👍There’s a money-back guarantee after 14 days
👍Photo uploads need to be approved and verified
👎To send messages a paid subscription is required
👎There may be some fake profiles
👎Ads for free users
Plenty of Fish
Plenty of Fish is one of the best dating apps for Android for a broad audience. The app has extensive filtering options that let you browse the profiles of singles aged 50 and above. POF is highly rated by its users.
👍Over 2.5 million conversations per day
👍Free and unlimited messaging
👍You can see who has viewed your profile
👎Adverts for free users
👎There may be some fake accounts
👎To check if your messages have been read, you need a paid subscription
SilverSingles is another Android app that is explicitly aimed at 50+ singles and prioritizes compatibility. You can make a profile, take a personality test, receive matches, send “smiles,” and browse through profiles to find your next date.
👍Personality test results for free
👍SilverSinglers Customer Care is available via phone or email
👍Focus on personality compatibility
👎Only premium members can view photos
👎Free users cannot message potential matches
👎Registration process can take a long time
Best dating apps for Android for meeting international singles
Here are some of the best dating apps for Android if you want to meet international singles.
Qpid Network is an app available on Google Play that lets users access several dating sites intended for meeting singles from around the world. These include:
- CharmDate: ideal for users looking to meet Eastern European singles without having to leave the comfort of their homes.
- AsiaMe: allows users to interact with Asian singles even if they don’t share a language. It also makes profile creation convenient with automatic tools.
- LatamDate: focuses on dating Latin American singles and makes it easy for users by letting them communicate with singles around the world.
What makes a good dating app for Android?
Here are some notes to help you decide which of the best dating apps for Android to use.
- Features: when downloading an app, read the description on the Google Play store to see if the features are right for you.
- Review Scores: look up the app on Google Play for ratings and comments to see what other users are saying about their experiences. Keep an eye out for Google’s editors’ choice award—a sign that the app is rated highly.
- Audience: some apps focus on broad dating groups, while others focus on specific communities. The app description can give you a good idea of who the app is aimed at, but you may have to try it to find out.
Best dating apps for Android: FAQs
Here are some answers to common questions that users have about the best dating apps for Android.
What are the most popular dating apps for Android?
What is the safest dating app for Android?
Zoosk offers users an enhanced identity verification system that ensures their personal information is safe. Additionally, Zoosk has great safe dating tips available on the Android app.
Are dating apps for Android any good?
The apps we have covered all offer a variety of features and functions that may help you start dating. You can try them all out before committing to a specific app.
What are the best dating apps for Android for relationships?
On every app, it is important to specify your relationship goals and expectations. That being said, eharmony has proven incredibly successful for couples due to its commitment to personality-based matching.
Whereas eharmony is focused on serious dating and committed relationships, Zoosk’s flexibility lends itself well to singles looking for more casual relationships.
Best dating apps for Android: our final thoughts
Whether you’re interested in casual dating or a serious relationship, you can rest assured that there’s an app on Google Play for you. There are dating apps for android that are geared toward specific dating communities, as well as apps intended for as broad an audience as possible. Outline what your relationship expectations are and try to see which app’s features and functionalities are most compatible with what you want out of dating.