Best Dating Site & Apps to Find a Serious Relationship in 2023
If you have ever been curious about what online dating can really do for you in the long run, but have never really understood what they are, then wonder no more! In this article, we’ll cover the basics of what serious online partner search is, who they are for, why you want to use one, and which are the best dating sites catering towards this respective goal.
To start, there are two types of online dating sites: one for casual one-night stand dating, and the other for serious relationships. The dating sites for serious relationships are known as serious dating sites, and as the name implies, are geared toward lasting and loving relationships.
If you are someone who has been searching to find a committed partner for a long-term, loving relationship where both you and the other person are serious, then online serious dating sites are just right for you. Some of these sites might require a membership fee. However, read this if you are interested why paid dating sites are better than free services.
Online serious dating sites are not only for people who have had difficulty meeting other singles in person, but is also simply one of the most efficient, convenient, and modern ways for singles to mingle. So why not look for love with other singles and check out the best serious dating sites?
Table of contents [ Show Hide ]
Serious dating recommendations
Here are our top online dating services for finding a long-term relationship. Sign up for free today!
- Match based on both taste and romantic compatibility
- Stop wasting time on vanilla dating sites
- No swiping here: Find who and what you're looking for
- Show your face only when you're ready
- Be yourself with dozens of genders and kink identities
Top dating sites for serious relationships
Here are some of the top-rated dating sites on the market now for finding someone that you can spend the rest of your life with. They offer a range of not only advanced matchmaking algorithms, but also a broad community of singles sincerely focused on meeting the love of their life:
- Academic Singles – This is a site that is dedicated to singles hoping to date educated people locally or internationally. You can find a cultivated partner here, ranging from academics, professionals, and successful singles.
- eHarmony – A long-time player and big name in the serious dating market, eHarmony has singles match with prospective members through a questionnaire about their characteristics, beliefs, values, emotional health and skills. Utilizes advanced matching algorithms.
- Elite Singles – This is an online dating service that caters specifically to people who are interested in dating single professionals and ideally are themselves single professionals. This is a great place to meet smart, single men and women in your city!
- Ourtime – This is a serious dating site that emphasizes building strong connections between members before attempting to match one another, meaning that partners you find here will be well-suited for your tastes!
- Match – Match is one of the largest names in the serious online dating market, providing more dates, more relationships, and more marriages than any other dating or personals site.
Tips for using a serious dating site
Unlike a casual dating site, where most users will focus only on your profile, pictures, and brief statements about yourself, serious dating sites really encourage users to flesh out their accounts and provide a well-rounded description of everything possible.
Generally, the more there is for people to read about you and find out, the more they, and you, can see if a match is possible. Be concise and cover as much ground as possible but remember to be honest about who you are.
You wouldn’t want to meet someone claiming to be something they aren’t, and neither does the other person really wish to meet someone other than who they thought they were meeting. In short, honesty is the best policy.
Finally, you will need to be a little patient with a serious dating site. Casual dating sites operate on quick one-night stands, but serious dating sites require a bit more involvement to ensure thorough and successful matching. Give it some time before you decide to try elsewhere! Check out this article to see why dating sites actually work!
How can I know which site is right for me?
This is sadly something that we can’t really answer for you, as knowing which dating site is truly right for you will require you to identify what it is you want, both from a relationship and from a potential partner. This also includes any particular special interests you might have.
For example, if you are picky about the education level of your partner, then Academic Singles might just be the perfect serious dating site for you. Maybe the following article, in which our team has compiled the dating sites with the highest success rate, may be able to help you. Either way, if you prefer to date someone who is a successful professional in their field, then Elite Singles may be a better fit.
Experiment and read up on individual serious dating sites to find what interests you most, and then give them a try. Almost all sites offer a free service for you to test out before committing to a subscription. Remember, you aren’t obligated to stay with a site you don’t like!