Austin is a city known for delicious food, some of the best live music in the nation, and general peculiarities. But is Austin good for singles?
The good news is that Austin is the #1 city in America for dating, with 56.5% of both single men and women! It also holds a 35% dating satisfaction rate.
In other words: this is the city for single life.
Now let’s take a closer look at dating in Austin. We’ll cover apps that are best for matching, tips for success, and date ideas, among other things we think you need to know!
What do I need to know?
Dating in Austin: How Do You Date in Austin?
With tons of history, outdoor activity, culture, and generally positive energy, Austin is a great place to date for all genders.
Let’s look at the best online methods to help your Austin dating success.
Best Dating Apps for Austin Singles
Though Austin has access to every dating app on the market, the best for you will depend on what you’re in the market for.
- Most popular dating app in US
- 100% match assured
- Numerous positive reviews
- Maximum user security guaranteed
- Connect with SilverSingles users ready to mingle
- Find singles within your proximity
- Connect with your partner with our service
- Better communication features
- Give it a trial
- >Meet literate singles ready for relationship
- Numerous signup daily
- 100% match assured
- Connect with people across different geography
- Available on all mobile version
- 24/7 support service
- Connect with Jewish across different location on all mobile version
- With dating magazine Jlife, meet Jewish singles ready for relationship
- Find Jewish singles in your proximity
If you are looking for a great app for dating, then you should have a look at the eharmony app. This app has advanced search features to help you get great matches from the get-go.
With lots of users and convenient video chat features, not only is Zoosk one of the best apps – lots of fun too. Zoosk features a quick sign-up process as well as multiple ways to get matches with Smart Picks and Carousel features to spice up the online dating experience.
Most dating apps let you filter matches by age. However, the best app for 50+ singles is SilverSingles. Thoughtful design, convenient features, and the possibility for great matches are all things we noticed when testing out SilverSingles.
If you’re just getting your feet wet with the Austin dating pool, Zoosk is a great option for seeing who’s out there. But if you are looking for something a bit more serious, you can’t beat eharmony and SilverSingles.
Best Websites for Dating in Austin
Apps and websites are a convenient way to meet other singles. Here are more top dating site picks.
- #1 trusted dating app in the US
- Matching made easy
- Plenty of success stories
- Designed to find your significant other
- Great filter options
- Check it out today!
- A Safe and Secure Dating Site
- SilverSingles members know who they're talking to
- Location is important of course, but knowing you're a good fit with your matches makes finding 'the one' much, much easier.
- >85% with a university degree
- Thousands of new members per month
- Great matching algorithm
- Flirt, chat & meet
- Open-minded community
- Big dating pool
- The community is filled with amazing people looking for a long-lasting partnership
- The app is available for Android and iOS
- Great Customer Care Team
- Find singles in your area
- View a selection of users who share your values
- Meet our members in person during our group activities
- Verifiedd profiles
This site is all about helping you to “date smarter, not harder” through a powerful personality matching feature. EliteSingles deserves to be called one of the best dating services available today. Each match you see on EliteSingles has a compatibility score, in addition to a well-designed layout.
Another site to consider is Christian Mingle. This one may not be for everyone, but with over half of Austin’s population identifying as religious, this site will have many potential partners.
For Jewish singles, JDate brings together the convenience of all the best dating service features with a focus on appropriate matches. By signing up for JDate, you also get the possibility of attending online and offline singles events.
These apps and sites will connect you with people you may otherwise never cross paths with, but what about a good, old-fashioned meeting in person?
How Do I Meet Austin Singles in Person?
Austin has many in-person dating options, such as Speed Austin Dating, which allows you to sample several people in your area at one single event. These events happen every few days, as well, so you haven’t missed anything yet!
But if the idea of speed dating makes your head spin, there are mixer events available as well so that you can mingle. You can find some of these at The Fun Singles.
For something less formal, dog parks such as Auditorium Shores Off-Leash Dog Park and dog-friendly bars/breweries such as The Watering Bowl are great places to meet other canine lovers while grabbing a drink.
Or if you are active, running clubs for the exercise-conscious daters are available, such as The East Side Beer Runners.
Austin is communal, so get outside, go to a museum or cafe, and be yourself—you’re bound to smile at the right person before too long.
Tips for Dating in Austin
Austin is a big city spread over a large area, and because of that, dating can feel like a long-distance relationship if you are on opposite sides of town. Here are some tips to make it easier to meet Austin singles.
- Try to live in areas that suit your type. For instance, South Austin is where “Keep Austin Weird” comes from, compared to the Northside, which is known for a clean, urban professional vibe.
- Austin is communal, so get outside, go to a museum or cafe, and be yourself—you’re bound to smile at the right person before too long.
- Be prepared for late-night dates. As a live-music city, Austin doesn’t get jumping until 9 pm at the earliest.
Date Ideas for Austin Singles
Austin is known for its water. Find one of the endless swimming holes such as Blue Hole or Barton Springs for a dip when it’s hot.
Another benefit to Austin is the year-round good weather, meaning that you can visit an old-fashioned drive-in movie theater with your new boo. Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-in and Doc’s Drive-In Theatre are two options. You can grab drinks, snuggle up, and catch classic as well as new movies under the Texan skies.
As an outdoor city, hikes are another great option. The Barton Creek Greenbelt, or Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trails are classics. And if you don’t have a date, you can go alone as many others will be doing the same.
Final thoughts on Dating in Austin
No matter what you choose to do in Austin with or without a date, you’ll be in good company. So, get out there, whether on an app, site, or in-person, and meet others today!
Find the best tips for dating in your city: