Philadelphia, PA, is the 6th largest city in the country. With all of that buzz and excitement, it can seem like a city of endless possibilities. However, this guide breaks down what dating in Philadelphia is like.
But sometimes “endless” can feel overwhelming instead of exciting. How can you expect to meet your perfect date in a city of 1.6 million people?
You don’t have to wander the streets looking for the hot hangout of the night or hope for a Hollywood meet-cute. There are many ways to cut through the noise, meet people to start dating in Philadelphia, and have a good time along the way.
What do I need to know?
Best Dating Apps for Philadelphia Singles
Luckily, we live in an age where we all have smartphones in our pockets, and your ideal match is only a tap away.
Here are our top apps recommendations for online dating in Philadelphia:
- Most popular dating app in US
- 100% match assured
- Numerous positive reviews
- Maximum user security guaranteed
- Connect with SilverSingles users ready to mingle
- Find singles within your proximity
- Connect with your partner with our service
- Better communication features
- Give it a trial
- >Meet literate singles ready for relationship
- Numerous signup daily
- 100% match assured
- Connect with people across different geography
- Available on all mobile version
- 24/7 support service
- Connect with Jewish across different location on all mobile version
- With dating magazine Jlife, meet Jewish singles ready for relationship
- Find Jewish singles in your proximity
eharmony is an oldie but a goodie. It’s been around for over two decades with proven results, especially if you’re looking for something long-term.
Zoosk is probably the best overall dating app for Philly. It has a sizeable user base and features detailed profiles. You can search based on specific things you’re looking for, like long-term, just for fun, or casual.
Most dating apps let you filter matches by age. However, the best app for 50+ singles is SilverSingles. Thoughtful design, convenient features, and the possibility for great matches are all things we noticed when testing out SilverSingles.
Best Websites for Dating in Philadelphia
Maybe you don’t love being glued to your phone or inundated with notifications every minute. Here are the best Philadelphia dating websites to use at home on your desktop.
- #1 trusted dating app in the US
- Matching made easy
- Plenty of success stories
- Designed to find your significant other
- Great filter options
- Check it out today!
- A Safe and Secure Dating Site
- SilverSingles members know who they're talking to
- Location is important of course, but knowing you're a good fit with your matches makes finding 'the one' much, much easier.
- >85% with a university degree
- Thousands of new members per month
- Great matching algorithm
- Flirt, chat & meet
- Open-minded community
- Big dating pool
- The community is filled with amazing people looking for a long-lasting partnership
- The app is available for Android and iOS
- Great Customer Care Team
- Find singles in your area
- View a selection of users who share your values
- Meet our members in person during our group activities
- Verifiedd profiles
This site is all about helping you to “date smarter, not harder” through a powerful personality matching feature. EliteSingles deserves to be called one of the best dating services for Philadelphia singles. Each match you see on EliteSingles has a compatibility score, in addition to a well-designed layout.
Another site to consider is Christian Mingle. This one may not be for everyone, but with significant part of Philadelphia’s population identifying as religious, this site will have many potential partners.
For Jewish singles, JDate brings together the convenience of all the best dating service features with a focus on appropriate matches. By signing up for JDate, you also get the possibility of attending online and offline singles events.
Ways to Meet Philadelphia Singles
If your preferred style for dating in Philadelphia is to meet outside of dating apps, here are some ways to meet Philadelphia singles out in the real world.
Singles Events in Philly
If you’re looking for speed dating or singles events, MeetUp is a splendid palace to start. You can look for singles events in Philadelphia and search by date and time. You’ll find long lists of in-person events that you can attend.
The bonus of using meetup is you can look for an event (that’s not specifically for dating) of interest to you and hope to meet someone else who shares that interest. It can remove some of the pressure of meeting in a “date” setting.
- SpeedDate Philadelphia is an organization that organizes speed dating events for singles and professionals in the city to find love.
- Speed Philadelphia is another great organization with events and matchmaking services. They post on their website about local events, where to find them, and the age range allowed to participate.
Speed Dating in Philly
If you like efficiency, speed dating in Philadelphia is for you. You can use MeetUp or Eventbrite to find speed dating events.
You can research specific requirements, like speed dating for Christians, academics, and specific age ranges. Picking a category can help you find your best match.
Advice for Dating in Philadelphia
- Keep an open mind. Philly skews 52.7% female. Sorry straight women, you can’t afford to be picky as there aren’t enough men to go around.
- Be ready to party. Philly has a superb nightlife scene, so you’ll probably be hitting up some bars. To control the situation, know what kind of place you’re going to. For example, you can strike up a conversation easily at The Lunar Inn, or venture out for a nonstop party at Bob & Barbara’s.
- If the bar scene isn’t for you, be upfront about that. Have a restaurant suggestion with the vibe you want ready to go- for example, a relaxed and delicious meal at Martha’s.
- There are about 90 museums, endless restaurants, seasonal activities, and diverse neighborhoods to explore in Philadelphia. Use the city like the playground that it is.
- The Philadelphia Police have set up an excellent map about the safest places in the city to visit. Ensure you’re always meeting in a safe location.
Final thoughts on Dating in Philly
Using the apps and websites, why not expand your dating pool to the surrounding Philadelphia area? They’ll also help you cut out anyone who isn’t a good fit.
If you’re open and honest about what you’re looking for you’re sure to meet a fellow Philly single. For more information on these options and more, check out Datingroo for recommendations and rankings of Philadelphia dating tools.
Find the best tips for dating in your city: