Dating in Boston: Meet Boston Singles
It’s no surprise that Boston is a hotspot for singles. The number of people in search of a partner is high, as an estimated 66% of Bostonians are unmarried. This has the potential to make dating in Boston a great experience. A recent survey rated Boston as the second-best city in the US for singles, while Massachusetts was recently ranked in the top ten states for finding love.
Table of contents [ Show Hide ]
Where Can I Meet Boston Singles?
You have a lot of options for finding other singles in Boston. Massachusetts is top four in mobile dating opportunities and top six in online dating opportunities. The odds are in your favor to find that special someone. Read on for some of the best ways to meet Boston singles.
Best Dating Apps in Boston
Here are our top tips for dating apps to help you meet singles across Boston.
If you are looking for a reliable and convenient app for dating, then you should have a look at the eharmony app. This app has advanced search features to help you get great matches from the get-go.
With lots of users and convenient video chat features, not only is Zoosk one of the best apps – it’s lots of fun. Zoosk features a streamlined sign-up process as well as multiple ways to get matches with Smart Picks and Carousel features.
This app is all about helping you to “date smarter, not harder” through a powerful personality matching feature. EliteSingles deserves to be called one of the best apps for dating available today. Each match you see on the EliteSingles app has a compatibility score, in addition to a well-designed layout.
Most dating apps let you filter matches by age. However, the best app for 50+ singles is SilverSingles. Thoughtful design, convenient features, and the possibility for great matches are all things we noticed when testing out SilverSingles.
Boston singles have different priorities when it comes to finding a partner. For faithful Christian singles, most dating apps do not meet their faith-based priorities and values. Christian Mingle strives to be the best app to “Meet Christian singles near you”.
For Jewish singles, JDate brings together the convenience of all the best dating app features with a focus on appropriate matches. By signing up for JDate, you also get the possibility of attending online and offline singles events.
Additionally, here are some more dating services in case you want to cast a wider net in your search for Boston singles.
- Coffee Meets Bagel boasts a highly educated singles base and mutual friend vetting, which translates to high-quality dating possibilities.
- Clover is a highly rated dating app that takes a cue from the best of social media to enhance its platform. It’s best for twentysomethings.
- Tinder is the winner for sheer volume. They offer a huge pool of singles to choose from.
- Bumble lets the ladies take charge.
Best Dating Websites in Boston
Sometimes, it’s tiring to use a smart phone for everything. The good news is that all the apps we ranked above also have fully-featured website versions. Here are a few more dating sites we recommend.
Time-tested eHarmony has proven to be the best dating site in Boston. The odds are in your favor here as 70% of online marriages start on eHarmony, and are matched within the first year. If you’re short on time, this site does the swipe work for you!
Match.com is a more engaging dating site. When you join you fill out a quiz to assist in finding, well…a match! Match.com also hosts live events for its users to safely meet up in person.
This a great dating site option if you enjoy online chatrooms as well as matching with people online. If you’re tired of swiping endlessly, the Loveaholics could be a refreshing change of pace in terms of dating online in Boston.
If you still want to try more Boston dating options, you can check out the following:
- SpeedBostonDating offers local in-person and online speed dating and matchmaking.
- LunchDates, the local Boston dating experts, provides matchmaking and dating advice.
- Boston Single Mingle connects professional Boston singles in a face-to-face environment.
Where else do Boston Singles Meet?
If finding a date virtually isn’t your thing, fear not. There are plenty of opportunities for in-person meet-cutes that could kick start your next relationship.
Singles Events in Boston
- Events and Adventures Boston is an invitation-only singles club that hosts local events nearly every night of the month and regular travel events.
- The Fun Singles hosts online mixers, happy hours, and speed dating that are good choices for Bostonians looking to connect remotely.
Speed Dating Events in Boston
- My Cheeky Date offers multiple speed dating events each month.
- Tantra Speed Date combines speed dating with a relationship skills class. Tantra uses connection exercises incorporating practices such as yoga, dance, and improv to provide a fun and relaxed atmosphere for meeting other singles.
Best Bars for Boston Singles
- 21st Amendment keeps it low-key with its laid-back pub atmosphere that’s perfect for cozy conversations.
- Roxanne’s tropical vibe permeates this downtown establishment serving up craft cocktails and Instagram-worthy decor.
- Haley.Henry, a cozy upscale wine bar, promises unique and exciting experiences.
- Lucky’s Lounge inspires you to put on your best to look for romance at their Sinatra-themed bar.
Tips for Dating in Boston
Boston can be a great city for meeting other singles. With a high percentage of unmarried residents, dating satisfaction, and dating affordability, the stage is set for an active scene. You can meet more like-minded singles by seeking out organizations and activities where Boston singles gather.
- Boston has a median age of 31.3 and 67.4% of the population is single. Due to more than half of the population being singles, the dating scene in Boston is the place to be.
- Boston is home to several top-quality universities and the job market is booming. With several professionals such as doctors, lawyers, and entrepreneurs in the dating scene, it may be hard to find a balance between work and play. If you’re looking to date a professional, be patient with their schedule. You may find it difficult to find time to meet up, but the wait could be worth it.
- Boston is in the top 1% of the most expensive cities in the world with drinks ranging from $8-$12, so dating could get expensive. If you’re comfortable with spending a night in from time to time, the dating scene could be more affordable, but don’t expect to be wined and dined on every occasion.
Date Ideas for Boston
Boston is a city with a host of destinations for going out and having a good time. Take advantage of the variety of restaurants, music venues, parks, and events to plan a memorable date.
- Museums and landmarks. Boston is steeped in history and culture. Take your date to one of the many museums to enjoy art, science, history, and more.
- Emerald Necklace Conservancy Spend some quality time with your date in one of six parks in this network stretching from Back Bay to Dorchester. Quietly enjoy the green space, visit the arboretum, or enjoy the sports fields.
- Boston Common Explore the oldest park in America with your date to appreciate its historical landmarks, beautiful shade trees, or winter ice skating pond.
Final thoughts on Dating in Boston
Take advantage of Boston’s large single population and abundance of opportunities for finding love. Whether you’re currently a Boston single or are a single looking to move to the Boston area, it’s a great time to put yourself out there to meet that special someone.
Find the best tips for dating in your city: